February 16, 2011

LETTER #65 IS MIA

If you are a mother of a missionary then you know the state of my mind having not heard from Isaac this week.  Very frustrating!  In an effort to calm my nerves I emailed Sister Muhlstein whom Isaac served with in the Erfurt Zone for a little more than 3 months.  Aside from Isaac she is the only contact I have in the Frankfurt Mission.  

I think that one day when this blog becomes a book Isaac will appreciate this email correspondence so I copy and paste to this blogpost - 




Hello Sister MarJean,

Thank you for including us in your email.  I'm sure you are excited to see family and friends again.  I will keep you posted on Isaac's return home and maybe if it is convenient you can attend.  Speaking of Isaac, I haven't heard from him this week.  He said that if we did not see an email on Monday that it would arrive on Tuesday.  Today is Tuesday...there is nothing from him...a mother worries.

Do you know how I can check to make sure everything is fine?   

Laninina
 
Dear Sister Puriri,

Thank-you for keeping track of us. We definitely want to know when he has his homecoming address. We will want to be there. I know that there has been a leadership meeting in Frankfurt for all zone leaders this week. I'm sure that is what he is involved with. He is a wonderful leader and we have heard many good reports from other missionaries who have served with him. He leads gently, but directly and encourages everyone to do their best. I'm sure you will hear from him soon. I follow the blog that you are doing for him, and can see in his words that he remains dedicated to the Lord's work here in Germany. Thank-you so much for preparing your son to become a warrior for truth in these latter-days.

When you come to Salt Lake please let us know as well. We will look forward to meeting you in person soon.

With Love to you and your Family,
Sister Muhlestein

No comments: